Mini-quad case layout
This is based on the Clas Ohlson instrument case - code 38-3978. Note that this is leaving their product line - but is being replaced by Clas Ohlson instrument case - code 38-5920 - which looks identical - is cheaper - and I've still not ever found it in stock in any of the shops. In the end I got fed up waiting.
Foam layout showing the lowest layer of packing.
- Back left you can see the Hubsan x4 FPV. Around it you can see support foam so that the radio can go on top.
- Back right - batteries and charger for the Blade QX nano.
- Forward left - the area for all other batteries, chargers, spare propellers etc.
- Forward right - the Blade QX nano itself.
Now we can add the radios:
- Hubsan x4 FPV on top of the Hubsan x4 itself (hence the spacers around it).
- Blade QX Nano radio (RTF variant) back right.
- Radio for the el-cheapo UFO from deal extreme middle front.
Now we can add the last quad:
- El-cheapo UFO from deal extreme front right. Underneath - protecting the Blade QX Nano - some loose foam from where we took some out to make space for things.
Finally the last foam bits go in - covering the battery/charger area and a small piece to keep the el-cheapo quad from moving around too much.
And it all packs down to a case 35 x 33 x 15 cm.